ARFF training (Airports firefighters training program) by afssac
Arab Academy offers ARFF training Airports firefighters program . which is a qualifying program in firefighting.
Who should take this ARFF training program ?
Everyone works in firefighting teams that is specialized in fighting the aircraft fires
The program objectives:
Qualifying firefighting and rescue teams specialized in fighting the aricraft fires according to NFPA1003 that belongs to job performing requirements and NFPA1582 that belongs to medical requirements.
Interim goals (detailed) for the program: –
After completion a cycle of this program, the trainee will be able to: –
- Identify information about the history of rescue and fighting aircraft fires and the training requirements.
- Discuss the basic requirements for rescue teams of aircraft fires.
- Identify the causes of fires in general and the causes of aircraft fires, in particular.
- Identify aircraft fire risk and the consequent destruction.
- Identify the different types of aircrafts and, fire protection equipment inside.
- Proper use of all personal protective equipment (PPE) and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) for the protection from aircraft fires.
- Use proper manual fire extinguishers in fighting aircraft fires.
- Identify tactics to prevent the spread of fire to keep the surrounding are safe.
- Identify the risks faced by firefighters during the aircraft fires.
- Make the airport emergency plan AEP and implement strategic and tactical operations.
- Inspect and make reports.
The main axes of the program:
- Qualifications of aircraft fires rescue teams.
- Organizations associated with rescue and fighting aircraft fires.
- The job performance requirements and rules.
- Airport components and systems used within the airport.
- Airstrip designs and runways.
- The materials used in firefighting.
- Aircraft (types – evolution – the fire risk – means of fire protection –
Systems and their supplies).
- Communication systems during fighting operations.
- Airport emergency plan AEP.
- Individual protective equipment PPE and self-contained breathing apparatus SCBA.
Terms of joining the program:
- Educational level: General secondary Certificate and its equivalent.
- Basic Requirements: obtaining the following programs:
Hazardous materials – awareness
Hazardous materials – operations
- General Requirements: physically fit and healthy.
* Duration of the program: a month and a half – five days a week -180 training session (40% theoretical 60% practical).
* Training language: – Arabic in addition to English slang terms.
* Place of training: – Arab Fire Academy in Jeddah.
* Accreditation: –
– Each trainee passes the course, gets a certificate from the Arab Fire, Safety and Security Academy locally approved by the Technical and Vocational Training Corporation and internationally approved by the World Congress of Safety and Fire Services IFSAC.
Program Type : qualifying program .
Program duration : 6 weeks.