Fire safety training courses by AFSSAC ( Fire Safety Team member )
Arab Fire, Safety & Security Academy offers one of Fire safety training courses represented in Fire Safety Team member program according to accredited civil defense rules . That is one of developmental Fire safety training courses in safety science .
Whow should take this Fire safety training courses ?
Safety specialists and firefighters in facilities that have different activities .
All personnel in different professional positions in different worksites in industrial, commercial , services and administrative facilities .
Program objectives :
Developing the skills of fire safety team member depending on developed scientific techniques in order to protect facilities from fire risks as well as keeping lives and properties .
Interim goals (detailed):
The program aims to achieve the following results: –
- Identify duties and tasks of the safety man (Safety Team Member).
- Know the risks that threaten the safety of the buildings and their occupants.
- Protect buildings from fires and reduce the spread of fire inside the building and neighboring buildings.
- Apply safety requirements in the entrances and exits of the emergency doors.
- Identify risks in the kitchens, fireplaces, furnaces, stores, warehouses, rooms of mechanics, electricity, air conditioning, gas and water valves and securing methods.
- A general idea about hazardous materials and their waste.
- Identify necessary elements for the ignition.
- Identify the various types of fires and the characteristics of each type.
- Identify fire causes and how to avoid.
- Identify fire detection and alarm systems and how they work (automatic-manual).
- Identify general basic principles of firefighting.
- Identify fire extinguishing agents and the impact of each of them in firefighting operations.
- Choose the best fire extinguishing agents appropriate to the burning material.
- Identify the types of fire hoses.
- Know the different methods of rolling, stretching and carrying fire hoses.
- Recognize all kinds of equipment used with fire hoses and their uses.
- Identify the contents of fire hoses cabinets.
- Use fire hoses in Firefighting.
- Identify manual fire extinguishers and distinguish between the different types and sizes.
- Use manual fire extinguishers in Firefighting.
- Know the procedures to be taken in case of fire accident.
- Identify rescue equipment that must be available in the facility.
- Know the procedures to be observed during emergencies and your role in the emergency plan.
- Increase ability to provide first aid.
The main axes of the program:
- Duties and tasks of the safety man (Safety Team Member) .
- First: general duties.
- Second: the duties of the safety man when receiving warning of an incident.
- Systems of protecting buildings from fire.
- The risks threaten buildings and their causes.
- The requirements and methods of prevention in buildings which include:-
- Methods of evacuation.
- Direct emergency exits.
- Horizontal emergency exits.
- Lanes and stairs.
- The general conditions for the exits.
- Risks (kitchens, fireplaces, furnaces, stores, warehouses rooms of mechanics, electricity, air conditioning, gas and water valves, flammable liquids and chemicals).
- Ignition elements.
- Fire types.
- Fire causes.
- Fire prevention.
- Fire detection and alarm devices.
- Alarm systems (automatic – manual).
- General principles of firefighting.
- Fire extinguishing agents.
- Firefighting equipment.
- Fire hoses.
- Fire hoses equipment.
- Fire hoses cabinets.
- Fire hydrants.
- Manual fire extinguishers.
- General precautions when using fire extinguishers.
- Fire extinguishers characteristics.
- Tools and equipment of automatic fire extinguishing systems.
- Check the validity of the tools and equipment of firefighting and rescue in the site and check regular maintenance.
- Rescue equipment.
- Procedures after the fire.
- Your role in the emergency plan.
- Reports preparation.
- First aid.
* Terms of joining the program:
- Educational level: General secondary Certificate (scientific section) and its equivalent.
- Basic requirements: Access to one of the qualifying courses in safety and loss prevention.
- General Requirements: physically fit and healthy .
* Duration of the program: Two weeks (12 days) – 60training sessions (40% theoretical 60% practical).
* Training language: – Arabic in addition to English slang terms.
* Training fees: –
* Place of training: – Arab Fire, Safety and Security Academy in Jeddah.
* Accreditation: –
– Each trainee passes the course, gets a certificate from the Arab Fire, Safety and Security Academy, locally approved by the Technical and Vocational Training Corporation.
– Accreditation validity of two years.
Duration : 12 days .
Type : developmental .