A.A.S Fire Science Technology Degree
Program Student Learning Outcomes
1- Perform fire suppression tasks:
- Define offensive operations versus defensive operations.
- Attack an interior structure fire.
- Operate hose lines
2-Perform fire prevention tasks:
- Identify elements of fire safety education programs covering stop, drop, and roll; exit drills in the buildings; and installation and maintenance of smoke alarms.
- Recognize hazards during a fire safety survey of a residential occupancy.
- Perform engine company inspection.
3-Perform hazardous materials control tasks:
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) used for hazardous materials incidents.
- Identify the purpose, advantages, and limitations of structure firefighting, high temperature, chemical, liquid flash, and vapor – protective clothing.
- Identify respiratory protection in hazard materials incident.
4- Provide emergency care:
- Define how the delivery of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) fits into the mission of the fire department.
- Distinguish between basic life support and advanced life support.
- Differentiate a combination EMS system from a fire department EMS system
5- Communicate effectively:
- Receive emergency calls.
- Define fire department radio communication.
- Use radio codes.
6- Practice safety in the performance of all tasks.
7- Demonstrate the importance of communication, human relation, professionalism and technical skills in achieving operational results in organizations.