Automatic Fire suppression systems is a qualifying fire suppression system training program in fire fighting science in order to raise the efficiency of fire fighting specialists and those who want to have fire suppression system training course and become certified :
Who should take this fire suppression system training course ?
- Everyone desires to specialize in maintenance and installation of various fire extinguishing systems
- Personnel in companies and institutions specialized in operation and maintenance of fire extinguishing systems
- Supervisors, watchers and inspectors of fire suppression systems .
The program objectives:
Preparing technical staff for installing, maintaining and operating of fire suppression systems according to international standards.
Interim goals (detailed):
At the end of this program, the trainee will be able to: –
- Identify the types of fire and the characteristics of each type.
- Determine fire agents that suit each type of fires.
- Protect the important places in facilities using appropriate fire systems.
- Know the different fire systems and their components.
- Identify various fire agents and the characteristics of each agent.
- Know the advantages and disadvantages of fire agents.
- Identify the types of sprinklers networks.
- Determine the fire water sources of fire water systems, appropriate quantities and pressures.
- Identify automatic fire networks and methods of operating, installing and maintaining.
- Learn how the different fire systems operate automatically.
- Systems and international standards for installation, inspection, maintenance and testing of fire systems.
- Fire systems inspection methods, techniques and equipment.
- Inspect periodically the detection, alarm and control networks.
The main axes of the program:
- Types of fires.
- Fire agents.
- Fire methods and characteristics of each fire agent.
- Advantages and disadvantages of fire agents.
- Automatic fire systems.
- Sprinklers networks.
- Fire water sources.
- Codes and international standards of fire systems requirements.
- Operation methods of automatic fire networks.
- Fire systems Inspection and maintenance.
- Fire systems testing.
* Terms of joining the program:
- Educational level: General secondary (scientific section), secondary industrial and its equivalent.
- Basic requirements: Obtaining one of the qualifying courses in firefighting.
- General Requirements: physically fit and healthy .
* Accreditation: –
– Each trainee passes the course gets a certificate from the Arab Fire, Safety and Security Academy locally approved by the Technical and Vocational Training Corporation and internationally approved by the World Congress of Safety and Fire Services IFSAC.
More Information :
* Duration of the program: four months – five days a week -480 training sessions (40% theoretical 60% practical).
* Training language: – Arabic in addition to English slang terms.
* Place of training: – Arab Fire, Safety and Security Academy in Jeddah.
Duration : 16 weeks
Program Type : qualifying program .