Search and rescue training course ( Technical rescuer II )
Arab Fire Safety & Security Academy introducessearch and rescue training represented in Technical rescuer II program which is qualifying search and rescue training program in firefighting.
Who should take this search and rescue training program ?
- All specialists in rescue field .
- The first responders respond to incidents need fast interfere within confined area.
- Personnel responsible for providing urgent medical services (EMS).
This search and rescue training objectives :
Preparing specialized rescue technicians teams according to NFPA1670,1006 and OSHA,29CFR1910.146 Standards .
Interim goals (detailed): The program aims to achieve the following results:
- Identification and description of the risk of confined spaces.
- Implementation of procedures for entering confined spaces, according to NFPA 1670, 1006.
- Determine the appropriate personal protective missions and good use of it.
- The application of safety procedures when ventilating confined spaces.
- Safe use of various rescue equipment, manual and automatic.
- Inspection and maintenance of rescue equipment.
- Carry out rescue operations in the confined spaces of various kinds and without exposing rescue teams to any injuries.
- Identify the basic vehicles parts and danger of each part during the accidents.
- Know the different types of vehicles and determine the potential danger in each type.
- Identify ways to reach the victims in the stricken vehicle.
- Identify ways to free, supervise and transport the injured.
- Increase rapid intervention t skills rescue trapped people inside the vehicles.
- Implement the safety requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Aministration OSHA, which must be carried out by rescuers during operations.
- Develop presets plans for rescue operations and identify human and mechanical possibilities for success of rescue operation.
- The right handling with the person who was rescued and relieved from danger and providing the needed first aid.
* The main axes of the program:
- – Confined spaces (definition – types).
- The risk of confined spaces.
- Entering confined spaces permit.
- Control of the atmosphere surrounding the confined place.
- Ventilate confined spaces.
- Rescue in car accidents of all kinds.
- Methods of intervention to rescue trapped individuals.
- Individual protective equipment required for rescuers.
- Rescue and clearing equipment.
- Safe use of manual and automatic rescue tools.
- Rescue team Safety rules, according to the specifications of the
Organization of safety and Occupational Health.
Terms of joining the program:
- Educational level: General secondary Certificate and its equivalent.
- Basic Requirements: Obtain the rescue man program level I.
- General Requirements: physically fit and healthy.
* Accreditation: –
– Each trainee passes the course, gets a certificate from the Arab Fire, Safety and Security Academy locally approved by the Technical and Vocational Training Corporation and internationally approved by the World Congress of Safety and Fire Services IFSAC.
* Duration of the program: a month and a half – five days a week -180 training session (40% theoretical 60% practical).
* Training language: – Arabic in addition to English slang terms.
* Place of training: – Arab Fire, Safety and Security Academy in Jeddah.
Program type : qualifying .