Arab academy offers Buildings safety requirements (life safety) program that is a developmental program .
Who should take Buildings safety requirements program ?
Structure engineers and project design officials .
Personnel who work in municipality and construction.
Safety and firefighting officials .
Technical inspection officials within facilities .
Developing and increasing the skills of applying safety requirments within buildings to protect them.
Interim goals (detailed):
At the end of a cycle of this program, the trainee will be able to: –
- Identify the risks that threaten the buildings safety and their occupants.
- Identify causes of the technical and engineering risks that threaten buildings.
- Apply methods of risks prevention in buildings.
- Protect buildings from fire and reduce the spread of fire inside the building and neighboring buildings.
- Identify the basis of planning for fire protection in buildings.
- Apply the requirements for safety and protection at the qualitative division of the activities in the city.
- Apply safety requirements in selecting the site, construction elements and all materials used in construction.
- Select appropriate materials to raise the building’s ability to resist fire.
- Implement engineering methods to protect buildings from lightning.
- Apply safety requirements in the means of evacuation and emergency exits.
- Implement engineering methods and safety requirements in electrical wiring and equipment used inside buildings.
- Apply the general safety requirements in the elevators and their accessories.
- Specify the ventilation methods in buildings.
- Apply safety requirements in some of the buildings that have special circumstances, such as hospitals, hotels and nursing homes.
The main axes of the program:
- The risks that threaten buildings (causes – results).
- The system of protecting buildings from fire.
- Safety requirements in buildings.
- Planning for fire protection in buildings.
- The means of evacuation and emergency exits.
- Safety requirements in electrical wiring and elevators.
- Ventilation in buildings.
- Special requirements.
Terms of joining the program:
- Educational level: General secondary Certificate (scientific section) and its equivalent.
- Basic Requirements: Access to one of the qualifying courses in safety and loss prevention.
- General Requirements: physically fit and healthy.
* Duration of the program: two week (10 days) – 60 training session (50% theoretical 50% practical).
* Training language: – Arabic in addition to English slang terms.
* Place of training: – Arab Fire, Safety and Security Academy in Jeddah.
* Accreditation: –
– Each trainee passes the course, gets a certificate from the Arab Fire, Safety and Security Academy locally approved by the Technical and Vocational Training Corporation.
– Accreditation validity of two years.
Program duration : 10 days .
Program type : developmental .