Arab Fire Safety & Security Academy offers technical rescue training represented in Technical rescuer I program . This technical rescue training is essential program named Technical rescuer I .
* This technical rescue training is addressed to:
- All employees in the field of rescue.
- Members of the civil defense rescue teams.
- First responders who respond to accidents that require rapid intervention and rescue.
- All employees who are responsible for providing emergency medical services (EMS).
The overall objective of this technical rescue training course:
Preparing specialized rescue teams, increasing their skills to fulfill their missions and develop their competencies in accordance with international standards of NFPA 1670, 1006 & OSHA, 29CR1910.146.
Interim goals (detailed):
The program aims to achieve the following results:
- Identifying the rescue fields, their importance, the safe and proper method of performance with competence required and the use of modern technology in machinery and equipment.
- Determine the appropriate personal protective missions and good use of it.
- Safe use of various rescue equipment, manual and automatic.
- Rescue equipment inspection and maintenance.
- Implementation of safety requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Organization OSHA, which must be carried out by rescuers during operations.
- Rescue trapped people in drill places quickly enough to save their lives.
- The right handling with the person who was rescued and relieved from danger.
- Identifying ways to reach the victims.
- Identify ways to free, supervise and transport the injured.
- Identifying types of the ropes and knots used in the rescue services and methods of linking.
- Making presets plans for rescue operations and identifying human and mechanical possibilities for success of rescue operation.
* The main axes of the program:
- Rescue (identification importance – objectives – fields)
- Personal protective equipment PPE and self-contained breathing
apparatus SCBA required for rescuers.
- Equipment used in rescue operations.
- Safe use of manual and automatic rescue tools.
- Rescue in car accidents of all kinds.
- Methods of intervention to rescue trapped individuals.
- Individual protective equipment required for rescuers.
- Rescue and clearing equipment.
- Rescue team Safety rules, according to the specifications of the Occupational safety and Health Administration OSHA.
- Forcible entry operations.
- Rescue operations which include:-
- Rescue in buildings.
- Rescue in elevators and escalators.
- Rescue in car accidents.
- Rescue in accidents of petroleum products cars.
- Rescue in electrical accidents.
Terms of joining the program:
- Educational level: General secondary Certificate (scientific section) and its equivalent.
- Basic Requirements: Obtain the following programs:-
- * Firefighter I
- * Hazardous materials – awareness
- General Requirements: physically fit and healthy.
* Accreditation: –
– Each trainee passes the course, gets a certificate from the Arab Fire, Safety and Security Academy locally approved by the Technical and Vocational Training Corporation and internationally approved by the World Congress of Safety and Fire Services IFSAC.
More information :
* Duration of the program: a month and a half – five days a week -180 training session (40% theoretical 60% practical).
* Training language: – Arabic in addition to English scientific terms.
* Place of training: – Arab Fire, Safety and Security Academy in Jeddah.