Arab Academy offers Safety specialist Refresher course program that is a developmental program in firefighting field .
Who should take Safety specialist Refresher course program ?
Fire Safety coordinators within public residential , service , commercial and industrial facilities .
Safety specialist Refresher course objectives :
Preparing a specialized and well-qualified fire safety coordinator in order to monitor and take care of the fire safety requirements in addition to continuous coordinating with civil defense units for continuous achievement of safety .
Interim goals (detailed) for the program: –
The program aims to achieve the following results: –
- Identifying the benefits of fire, the risk of fire and various causes.
- How to prevent fire causes.
- Identify types of risks in facilities.
- Identifying fire types, fire extinguishing agents and types of fire extinguishers, according to NFPA.
- Identifying methods and procedures for controlling and monitoring the application of fire safety requirements.
- Identifying the regulations of civil defense for facilities.
- Coordinating with the nearest fire department and helping fire teams when needed.
- Operating alarm and fire manual systems when needed and reporting maintenance faults and shortcomings.
- Identifying civil defense methods for coordination and reporting incidents and accidents.
- Making and applying the emergency plan for the evacuation.
- Implementing periodic training for the evacuation.
- Making safety record and updating it.
The main axes of the program:
- Basic definitions.
- A brief history of the fire.
- Ignition elements.
- Types of fires.
- Types of risks in public facilities.
- How to prevent fires.
- An idea about the fire detection and alarm devices in public facilities.
- General principles of firefighting.
- Initial extinguishing agents.
- Firefighting equipment in public facilities.
- Coordination methods.
- Emergency and evacuation plan.
- Procedures after the fire.
- The role of the individual in the emergency plan.
Terms of joining the program:
- Educational level: General secondary Certificate and its equivalent.
- Basic Requirements: obtaining one of the qualifying courses in firefighting.
- General Requirements: physically fit and healthy.
* Duration of the program: four weeks – five days a week – 120 training session (40% theoretical 60% practical).
* Training fees: – 8000 S.R (eight thousand Saudi riyals)
* Training language: – Arabic in addition to English slang terms.
* Place of training: – Arab Fire, Safety and Security Academy in Jeddah.
* Accreditation: –
– Each trainee passes the course, gets a certificate from the Arab Fire, Safety and Security Academy locally approved by the Technical and Vocational Training Corporation and internationally approved by the World Congress of Safety and Fire Services IFSAC.
Duration : 4 weeks.
Program type: developmental .